We’re really sorry you’re unhappy with the way things have gone!

We’re really sorry that something has gone wrong on this occassion and that you feel you have a complaint. Don’t worry though, at Shergroup we take pride in handling complaints received from anyone affected by our role as High Court Enforcement Agents or as Recovery Agents, and we promise to get things sorted for you as quickly as possible.

In this part of our website we explain how you can make a complaint about the actions of a Shergroup Enforcement Agent, or any other member of Shergroup Limited, where to send it and how it will be dealt with.

If you want to complain you can fill in our Complaints Form online by clicking here or you can write to us at:

Shergroup Enforcement
1 Fetter Lane | London | EC4A 1BR

You can also telephone our Debtor Services Team on 0845 890 9200 who will log your complaint and ensure it is forwarded to our Complaints Officer for a full investigation.

Need to lodge a complaint?

To complain about any matter involving Shergroup, please complete the form below and our Complaints Officer will contact you to discuss the next stage of our process. Please ensure you provide a means for us to contact you.

How do I go about making a complaint?

First, consider, is your complaint really about the actions of the Shergroup Enforcement Agent or any other member of Shergroup, or is this possibly more about the situation. In our organisation, the duties and responsibilities of visiting people who have a judgment against them are delegated to Shergroup Enforcement Agents, who carry out the work of the Authorised Enforcement Officer, Claire Sandbrook, under the instruction of a High Court Writ of Execution.

Remember, if you are the debtor:

  • When a Writ (the court’s order for the High Court Enforcement Officer to act) has been issued by the High Court, it was issued at the request of the creditor. It is the creditor who says you owe money and decides how it should be paid, not the High Court Enforcement Officer. Once the writ has been issued, the High Court Enforcement Officer through her Agents, has the duty to try collect the money owed as soon as possible;
  • If your complaint is that you do not owe the money, or that the creditor has refused to accept your offer to pay by installments, then you need to seek independent advice on what to do to protect your position.

If you are a creditor:

      • It is important to ensure that your complaint concerns something which is within the High Court Enforcement Officer’s legal powers to enable.
      • If you still wish to continue, the following section will answer some of the questions you may have about the process.

Is there a special form for making a complaint?

        • Yes, there is. You can obtain the Complaints Form from our Complaints Team by emailing Shergroup Enforcement at:


    • or by calling + 44(0) 845 890 9200
      • You can also complete our online form above.
    • Please be sure to include the time and date when the incident occurred, where this is appropriate and any other relevant information.
    • If you are posting the form to Shergroup Enforcement then it should be sent to the address appearing on the form.
    • Please:

      • make your complaint as soon as possible
      • keep a copy of it since you may need it for future reference; and
      • make sure it contains all the evidence you have

What will happen when I have made my complaint? 

    • Your complaint will be acknowledged on the day it is received if that day is a working day or, on the next working day if it is received when the office is closed.

Who will deal with my complaint?

    •  Your complaint will be dealt with initially by a member of the Shergroup Complaints Team responsible for handling complaints. A record will be made of your complaint and the Shergroup Complaints Team will ask for a report from the High Court Enforcement Agent concerned. Once this is received, the Shergroup Complaints Team Member responsible for handling complaints will consider your complaint and the High Court Enforcement Agent’s report and decide whether or not your complaint appears to be justified. You will be told of the decision of the Shergroup Complaints Team, by post, within 14 days of receipt of your complaint.
    • If your complaint is found to be justified, the letter will also tell you what it is proposed should be done about it.

Do I have to accept the Shergroup Complaints Team’s decision as final?

    • No, you do not. If you are unhappy with the decision, you can ask for the complaint to be reviewed by the Chief Executive.

How do I ask for a review? 

    • Enclosed with the Shergroup Complaints Team’s decision will be a form. The form asks you to indicate whether you accept that decision. If you do not, you must complete the form to indicate you would like a review. Please send it to the address to which you sent your original complaint. It is important that you do this as soon as possible and preferably within 7 days of receiving the initial decision.
    • Your request for a review will be acknowledged on the day it is received or on the next working day, as appropriate. When your request is received, your complaint, the High Court Enforcement Agent’s report and the Shergroup Complaints Team’s decision will be passed to the Chief Executive for consideration. You will be sent a letter setting out the Chief Executive’s decision within 7 days of receipt of your request for a review.
    • If the Chief Executive decides that your complaint is justified, you will also be told what action it is proposed should be taken.

Is there anything I can do if I am still not satisfied?

    • Yes, there is. You can ask the Chief Executive to set up an Appeal Board. An Appeal Board consists of two people with knowledge and experience of enforcement law relating to High Court Writs of Execution, such as solicitors or barristers.
    • They will be independent of the organisation which employs the High Court Enforcement Agent you are complaining about. Their decision will be final.

How do I make a request that an Appeal Board is set up? 

    • With the Chief Executive’s reply to be will be a form which you can complete to indicate that you would like an Appeal Board to be set up. Complete it and send it to the address at the end of this leaflet.
    • Please do this no later than 7 days from the date you receive the Chief Executive’s reply. Receipt of your request will be acknowledged on the day it is received or, on the next working day, as appropriate.

What will the Appeal Board do? 

    • It will take a few days to contact appropriate people to sit on the Appeal Board. Once they have been identified, you will be told who they are, what their qualification to sit on the Board is, and the date when they will meet.
      • This will not be any later than 14 days from his day your request was received. When they meet they will consider:

        • your complaint
        • the report of the Shergroup Enforcement Agent and any other relevant information
        • the Shergroup Complaint’s Officer’s decision
        • and the Chief Executive Officer’s decision

    No-one but the two Appeal Board members will be allowed to attend their meeting. Their decision will be final.

    • It will be accepted by the Chief Executive together with any action they recommend should be taken if your complaint is upheld.

What Happens Next?
In the event that Shergroup cannot satisfy you that your complaint has been answered and resolved the matter can be passed to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association. More information can be found at the Association’s website www.hceoa.org.uk